Saturday 25 October 2014

My 7 Days of Clean Eating and Juicing - Day 2 & 3

Hey! Sorry I am playing a little bit of catch up. Yesterday I found myself playing catching up after not feeling very well and completely forgot to post day 2 Results and what I drank for my Juice.

Today I happen to have the exact same thing as I did yesterday so the post is going to be pretty easy!



Clean Eating
Eating clean is simply the practice of avoiding processed and refined foods and basing your diet on whole foods. But there’s much more to this plan. You can structure your diet to get proper nutrition, help manage diseases, avoid developing diseases in the first place, lose weight, remove toxins, and just feel better

Breakfast - Chocolate Shakeology blended with 1 whole banana and a tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter

Snack -  Baked chick peas. 

Lunch - Juice and a salad with lime and pepper for dressing mixed with veggies 

Snack - home made beef jerky that I dehydrated 

Dinner - chicken breaks, steamed broccoli, rice 

Snack - apple with peanut butter in the middle.  



Today I FEEL AMAZING! I am getting used to the taste of the juice. At lunch I am still  hungry but I am getting used to it. I notice that immediately after juicing I have ALOT of energy, my body feels light and not bogged down. For the last few weeks I have had what seems like a fog behind my eyes which now on day 3 I no longer have that. 

Snack foods are my weakness and so far I have not had any cravings to chow down on a Big Mac or a bag of chips!! 


Juice Recipe 
3 Pears 
5 Stalks of Celery 
3 leaves of Red Cabbage 
1/2 lemon 
1 thumb of ginger 
2 Mangos 
and I have some bananas to blend into it but I haven't yet. 

This juice is delicious and WAY better than the first one I made :) 

I can tell that my body LOVES juicing! 

The reason why I chose these veggies/ fruit to juice! They each have MULTIPLE benefits! 

  1. Pear - colon health, vitamin C levels help fight against free radicals causing cancers, gives you energy, helps with inflammation
  2. Prevention of colon cancer because of phytochemical coumarins, helps neutralize the bodies pH levels 
  3. Red Cabbage - full of vitamin K which helps the brain with mental functions and concentration. anti-inflammatory as well as blood sugar regulators 
  4. Lemon - Aids in Digestion, Loads of vitamin C, 22 anti- cancer fighting properties. 
  5. Ginger - Helps fight against fatigue, natural pain killer, aids in digestion, good for you when you have a cold or the flu 
  6. Mangos - Very good for your cardiovascular health, excellent source of iron, has cancer destroying properties. 
The fruits and veggies I choose all have a reason ... and I cross my fingers in hope they taste alright blended together!! 

Happy Saturday, Be healthy, and Active! 

No comments:

Post a Comment